You'll love this because...
You can relive the history of AFC Wimbledon through decades of newspaper headlines.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1962 to the present day
Relive the history of AFC Wimbledon through newspaper clippings in this personalised AFC Wimbledon book. With coverage beginning in 1962, the year the Dons won the Isthmian League, this magnificent piece of AFC Wimbledon memorabilia takes you through decades of history, revisiting all the key moments from Plough Lane, Kingsmeadow and beyond, right up until the present day.
The history of Wimbledon football is a complex one, not least because it is split between two different entities. The original Wimbledon’s rise to the top was nothing short of meteoric. Only joining the Football League in 1977, nine years later they were playing top flight football, thanks to three promotions in four years. But Sam Hammam’s self-styled “Crazy Gang” weren’t done there. The perennially defiant side featuring Vinnie Jones, Dennis Wise, John Fashanu and Lawrie Sanchez defeated league champions Liverpool in the 1988 F.A. Cup final courtesy of a now-legendary penalty save by Dave Beasant. The match would be remembered as one of the biggest cup final upsets of all time. This version of Wimbledon FC would be officially laid to rest in 2004, when the club, now relocated to Milton Keynes, changed its name accordingly. In response, Wimbledon supporters founded a new club, AFC Wimbledon. Working its way up through the division, the team went 78 league games unbeaten, earning six promotions, and entering the Football League in 2011, the first club formed in the 21st century to do so.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Wimbledon Memorabilia
Our books are available in a variety of covers and can be customised accordingly. Each book features your recipient’s name and a special certificate message of your choice printed on the opening title page. A luxury gift box is also an option.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, these editions have the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover you pick, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in blue, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.