You'll love this because...
You can relive the history of Wigan Athletic through decades of newspaper headlines.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1934 to the present day
You are my sunshine! Relive the history of Wigan Athletic through newspaper clippings in this personalised Wigan football book. With coverage beginning in 1934, just two years after their founding, this magnificent piece of Wigan memorabilia takes you through decades of history, revisiting all the key moments from Springfield Park, the DW Stadium and beyond, right up until the present day.
In comparison to most teams, Wigan Athletic are a relatively new Football League club, only joining for the first time prior to the 1978/79 season. In that respect, the club’s rise has been both impressive and unexpected. In 1994, the Latics finished fourth-bottom of the fourth tier. But only a decade later, they were winning promotion to the Premier League, thanks in no small part to the ownership of JJB millionaire Dave Whelan and the management of Paul Jewell. After eight years in England’s top division, Wigan’s biggest day in the sun would come at Wembley in 2013. Up against Manchester City, the previous season’s league champions, nobody gave Wigan much hope of lifting the F.A. Cup. But thanks to an injury-time header from Ben Watson, Wigan pulled off the unthinkable in one of the greatest upsets in cup final history.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Wigan Memorabilia
Our books are available in a variety of covers and can be customised accordingly. Each book features your recipient’s name and a special certificate message of your choice printed on the opening title page. A luxury gift box is also an option.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, these editions have the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover you pick, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in blue, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.