You'll love this because...
Via newspaper clippings, you can relive the history of Watford football club.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1920 to the present day
Reacquaint yourself with the history of Watford football club through newspaper headlines in this personalised Watford football book. With coverage beginning in 1920, the year they joined the Football League, this magnificent piece of Watford memorabilia takes you through almost a century of history, revisiting all the key moments from Vicarage Road and beyond, right up until the present day.
In 1976, Elton John was hardly a name synonymous with professional football. But when he took over as chairman of Watford, something stirred in the Hornets for the first time in their history. At that point, the club had only played above the third tier for three years of its entire existence, incidentally at the beginning of that same decade. But through Elton’s ownership, Graham Taylor’s management and John Barnes’ skills on the pitch, Watford climbed from the Fourth Division all the way to the top flight in only five seasons. The ascension would incredibly continue, with Watford winning four of their first five games of the 1982/83 season to go top of Division One, a mere seven years after they had been rock bottom of Division Four. They would finish the campaign runners-up to Liverpool, and follow that up by reaching the F.A. Cup final the following year.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Watford Memorabilia
Our football books are available in a variety of covers and personalisation. Each book features the recipient’s name and a message printed on a certificate on the opening title page. A gift box is also available.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, these editions have the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover you pick, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in black, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.