You'll love this because...
Via newspaper clippings from the past, you can relive the wonderful history of The Open Championship.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1934 to 2016
Relive the history of The Open golf championship through newspaper clippings in this personalised Open golf book. With coverage beginning in 1934, the year of Henry Cotton’s first win, this timeless piece of golf memorabilia takes you through decades of history, revisiting all the key moments from Muirfield, Royal Liverpool, St. Andrews and many more, right up until Henrik Stenson’s 2016 triumph.
The oldest of the four golf majors, and the only one to be annually held outside of the United States, the first Open Championship took place in 1860 at Prestwick Golf Club. Prestwick would be its home for the first twelve years, and the competition would remain exclusively in Scotland until 1894, when it was played at St. George’s, and won by Englishman J.H. Taylor, only the third ever non-Scottish victor. Taylor would go on to lift the trophy five times, a feat bettered by only one man in history, Harry Vardon, who won six. The 1950’s were dominated by Australia’s Peter Thomson, who incredibly won four times in five years, and in the 1960s and 70s, Jack Nicklaus became the competition’s nearly man, finishing as runner-up a record seven times, though the American would go on to lift the trophy three times too. In 1985, Sandy Lyle became the first Scot to win The Open in 65 years, by the smallest margin of one stroke. And in 2016, Henrik Stenson won the trophy with the greatest under par score of all time, registering a -20 at Royal Troon.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Open Memorabilia
Our sports books are available in a variety of covers, all of which can be customised accordingly. Each book features your recipient’s name and a special message of your choice printed on the opening title page in the form of a certificate. You can also emboss their name onto the front cover. Finally, a luxury gift box is available to complete the gift.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Sports Book Cover Options
As well as the black and white original reprinted reports, there is the option to include colour pages where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully hand-bound by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover of your choice, and is printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Black Leather Cover – This premium black cover edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Sports Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any event unless specifically stated.