You'll love this because...
You can relive the history of Sunderland AFC through decades of newspaper headlines.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1908 to the present day
Wise men say… you’ll love recounting the history of Sunderland AFC via newspaper clippings in this personalised Sunderland book. With coverage beginning in 1908, this magnificent piece of Sunderland memorabilia guides you through over a century of history, revisiting all the key moments from Roker Park, to the Stadium of Light and beyond, right up until the present day.
It’s fair to say that Sunderland hit the ground running after joining the Football League in 1890. The Black Cats won the First Division in only their second year of competing, and retained the title the following year, before winning a further two titles in the next nine years. All in all, Sunderland have won 6 League titles and 2 F.A. Cups, the second of which providing possibly the greatest day in the club’s history, as they defeated Leeds, the reigning cup champions and Division One runners-up, by a single Ian Porterfield goal at Wembley. To this day, that side are one of only eight teams from outside the top flight to win the F.A. Cup. Up until their relegation in 1958, Sunderland had played 68 years of uninterrupted top-flight football, a record that stood for the next forty years.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Sunderland Memorabilia
Our football books are available in a variety of covers and can be customised accordingly. Every personalised book features your recipient’s name and a special certificate message of your choice printed on the opening title page. A luxury gift box is also an option.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, these editions provide the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover of your choice, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in red, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.