You'll love this because...
You can relive the history of Southampton FC through decades of newspaper headlines.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1908 to the present day
When the Saints go marching in! Recount the history of Southampton football club via newspaper clippings in this personalised Southampton book. With coverage beginning in 1908, this magnificent piece of Southampton memorabilia guides you through over a century of history, revisiting all the key moments from The Dell, St. Mary’s and beyond, right up until the present day.
Even before joining the Football League, Southampton were a force to be reckoned with in English football. They won the Southern League six out of eight seasons between 1897 and 1904, also reaching two F.A. Cup finals during this period, losing both to Football League sides. The Saints eventually joined the Football League in 1920, starting at the bottom, and it would take 46 years until they were promoted through the divisions into the top flight. After another Second Division promotion in 1978, this time led by Alan Ball, Southampton remained in the top flight for 27 straight years, reaching an F.A. Cup final in 2003 to boot. In more recent years, the Saints have enjoyed something of a Premier League renaissance, finishing in the top half of the table four years in a row between 2014 and 2017, enjoying Europa League football at St. Mary’s as a result.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Southampton Memorabilia
Our football books are available in a variety of covers and can be customised accordingly. Every personalised book features your recipient’s name and a special certificate message of your choice printed on the opening title page. A luxury gift box is also an option.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, these editions provide the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover of your choice, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in red, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.