You'll love this because...
You can relive the history of Sheffield Wednesday through over a century of newspaper headlines.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1907 to the present day
Relive the history of Sheffield Wednesday football club through newspaper clippings in this personalised Sheffield Wednesday book. With coverage beginning in 1907, this magnificent Sheffield Wednesday gift takes you through over a century of history, revisiting all the key moments from Hillsborough and beyond, right up until the present day.
One of the oldest football clubs in the world, Sheffield Wednesday was formed by members of The Wednesday cricket club in Sheffield. Competing under the name “The Wednesday”, they won two league titles and two F.A. Cups in the late 19th and early 20th century, before changing their name to Sheffield Wednesday in 1929. Success followed instantly, with the new name inspiring the side to two consecutive Division One titles in 1929 and 1930. Wednesday would earn a reputation as a yo-yo club in the second half of the century, finishing as low as 20th in Division Three in the 70’s but in the top five of Division One in the other four decades. Their most recent major trophy came in 1991 as they defeated Manchester United to win the League Cup. Two years later, they would reach the final of both the F.A. Cup and the League Cup, losing to Arsenal both times.
Take a look at the Sheffield Wednesday contents list 2018 to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Sheffield Wednesday Memorabilia
Our books are available in a variety of covers and can be customised accordingly. Each book features your recipient’s name and a special certificate message of your choice printed on the opening title page. A luxury gift box is also an option.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, these editions have the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover you pick, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in blue, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.