You'll love this because...
Read about some of the most memorable moments from the Rugby League Challenge Cup as they were reported on at the time.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1929 to the present day
Relive all the most memorable moments in Challenge Cup history through newspaper clippings in this personalised Rugby League book. With coverage beginning in 1929, when the final was played at Wembley for the very first time, this exquisite piece of Challenge Cup memorabilia takes you on a stroll down memory lane, revisiting all the key moments from nearly a hundred cup finals along the way, right up until the present day.
The first ever Challenge Cup final was played at Headingly on 24th April 1897, and saw Batley defeat St Helens in front of a crowd of just over 13,000, a far cry from the 1954 final replay, when well over 100,000 people packed into Odsal to watch Warrington complete a league and cup double via a win over Halifax. No club has either appeared in or won more Challenge Cup finals than Wigan Warriors, who boast a record of 19 victories from 30. Wigan are also the only team to win more than three Cups in a row, capturing a quite incredible eight on the bounce from 1988 to 1995. Leeds Rhinos hold the records for both the most points scored in a final and the largest winning margin, defeating London Broncos 52-16 in 1999, before demolishing Hull Kingston Rovers 50-0 in 2015.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Rugby League Memorabilia
Our sports books are available in a variety of covers, all of which can be customised accordingly. Each book features your recipient’s name and a special message of your choice printed on the opening title page in the form of a certificate. You can also emboss their name onto the front cover. Finally, a luxury gift box is available to complete the gift.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Sports Book Cover Options
As well as the black and white original reprinted reports, there is the option to include colour pages where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully hand-bound by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover of your choice, and is printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Black Leather Cover – This premium black cover edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Sports Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any event unless specifically stated.