You'll love this because...
Via newspaper clippings, you can relive the history of Portsmouth FC.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1920 to the present day
Play up Pompey! Relive the history of Portsmouth football club through newspaper headlines of the time in this personalised Portsmouth book. With coverage beginning in 1920, the year they joined the Football League, this magnificent piece of Portsmouth memorabilia guides you through over a century of key moments from Fratton Park and beyond, right up until the present day.
Portsmouth’s first piece of silverware came in 1939, as they captured the last F.A. Cup contested before World War II with a 4-1 win over Wolves. Their greatest ever success would come just after the war and under Bob Jackson, winning back to back league titles in 1949 and 1950, to this day a feat managed by only four other post-war teams. It would be a long wait until Pompey’s next major trophy, 58 years in fact, with the drought eventually ended in 2008 as Harry Redknapp’s flamboyant side captured the F.A. Cup against Cardiff City. Redknapp would also guide the team to their first top-half finish in the top flight since 1955, and then repeat the feat the following year.
Take a look at the Portsmouth contents list 2018 to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Portsmouth Memorabilia
Our books are available in a variety of covers and personalisation, depending on the edition you select. Each book features the recipient’s name and a message printed on a certificate on the opening title page. A gift box is also available.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, the editions have the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover you select, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in blue, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.