You'll love this because...
Via newspaper clippings, you can relive the history of Charlton Athletic football club.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from the 1929 to the present day
Reacquaint yourself with the history of Charlton Athletic football club through newspaper clippings in this personalised Charlton book. With coverage beginning in 1929, the year they won Division Three, this fine piece of Charlton memorabilia takes you through almost a century of history, revisiting all the key moments from The Valley and beyond, right up until the present day.
The most successful period in Charlton’s history bookended the Second World War. Three top-four finishes in Division One were registered before the war’s outbreak, with the Addicks finishing as runners-up in 1937. Straight after the war, Charlton reached two consecutive F.A. Cup finals, winning the second in 1947 against Burnley thanks to a single Chris Duffy goal in extra-time. In recent times, Charlton had a prolonged period of top flight stability as Alan Curbishley, who managed the club for 15 years, guided them to two promotions – the first courtesy of a dramatic playoff final that finished 7-6 on penalties – and in 2003/04 took Charlton to a 7th place finish in the Premier League, their highest league finish for over half a century.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Charlton Memorabilia
Our football books are available in a variety of covers and personalisation. Each book features the recipient’s name and a message printed on a certificate on the opening title page. A gift box is also available.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, our football editions have the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover you pick, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in red, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.