You'll love this because...
You can relive the history of Burnley FC through over a century of newspaper headlines.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from the 1913 to the present day
They’ll never take the Longside! Reacquaint yourself with the history of Burnley football club through newspaper clippings of the time in this personalised Burnley book. With coverage beginning in 1913, the year of their promotion to the First Division, this fine piece of Burnley football memorabilia takes you through over a century of history, revisiting all the key moments from Turf Moor and beyond, right up until the present day.
A year after their promotion, Burnley won their first F.A. Cup in a 1-0 win over Liverpool. Seven years later, they ended the 1920/21 season as league champions of England, notching a record of 30 straight games unbeaten, which would stand until Arsenal’s 2004 Invincibles team. But the golden era for the Clarets came following the Second World War. After gaining promotion in 1946, Burnley spent a quarter of a century in the top flight, reaching two F.A. Cup finals, winning the league title again in 1960, and reaching the quarter finals of the European Cup a year later. After a spectacular fall from grace, Burnley found themselves in the fourth tier in 1980’s, retaining their league status by the skin of their teeth after a dramatic 2-1 victory over Leyton Orient on the final day of the 1986/87 season. In recent years, Burnley’s fortunes improved, led by Sean Dyche to the promised land of the Premier League.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Burnley Memorabilia
Our football books are available in a variety of covers and personalisation. Each book features the recipient’s name and a message printed on a certificate on the opening title page. A gift box is also available.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, these editions have the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover you pick, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in black, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.