You'll love this because...
Via newspaper clippings, you can relive the history of Middlesbrough football club.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1927 to the present day
Down by the Riverside! Reacquaint yourself with the history of Middlesbrough football club through newspaper clippings in this personalised Middlesbrough book. With coverage beginning in 1927, the year they won promotion to the First Division, this fine piece of Middlesbrough memorabilia takes you through almost a century of history, revisiting all the key moments in the Teeside club’s history, right up until the present day.
Interestingly, Middlesbrough’s two highest ever league finishes both came right before the outbreak of a World War: 3rd in 1914 and 4th in 1939. Having spent most of their existence in the top flight, it would take the Boro until 2004 to win their first major trophy, the League Cup, less than a decade after they had lost three cup finals in two years. Joseph-Desire Job and Boudewijn Zenden scored the goals as Steve McClaren’s men defeated Bolton at the Millennium Stadium. European football followed, as McClaren led his side all the way to the 2006 UEFA Cup final, beating Stuttgart and Roma along the way, before ultimately succumbing to Sevilla.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Middlesbrough Memorabilia
Our football books are available in a variety of covers and personalisation. Each book features the recipient’s name and a message printed on a certificate on the opening title page. A gift box is also available.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, these editions have the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover you pick, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in red, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.