You'll love this because...
You can recount the key events in Manchester United’s European history exactly as they appeared in print at the time.
- The best articles from United’s European successes
- Add a name and special message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Iconic images from the team’s history on the continent
- Luxury gift box available to complete the gift
Relive the European history of Manchester United football club through newspaper headlines of the time in this personalised Manchester United in Europe book. With coverage beginning in 1956, their year of their first ever European Cup game, this fine piece of United memorabilia guides you through the decades, revisiting all the key moments from the European Cup to the Europa League, right up until the present day.
United have captured six major trophies on the continent since: 3 European Cups, a UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup, the Europa League, and the European Super Cup, all of which are covered in this book. The first triumph was in 1968, when Sir Matt Busby’s side came alive in extra-time, scoring three goals in seven minutes to topple a Benfica side led by Eusebio and become the first English team to win the European Cup. The most recent success was the 2016/17 Europa League, where Mourinho’s men swept aside Ajax in the final. But without question the greatest night in United’s European history came at the Nou Camp in 1999, as Sir Alex Ferguson’s team, trailing Bayern Munich since the 6th minute, scored two goals in injury time via substitutes Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to not only win the Champions League but also complete an historic league, cup and European treble, the only English club to ever achieve such a feat.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Manchester United Memorabilia
Our books are available in a variety of covers and personalisation, depending on the edition you select. Each book features the recipient’s name and a message printed on a certificate on the opening title page. A gift box is also available.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Football Book Cover Options
Including the black and white original reprinted reports, the editions have the option to include colour pages, where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully bound by hand by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover you select, printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for FREE. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in red, this edition includes colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE and it comes with a FREE luxury gift box.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Football Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any football club unless specifically stated.