You'll love this because...
Via newspaper clippings from the past, you can relive the majestic history of horse racing.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1904 to 2016
Relive the history of horse racing through newspaper clippings in this personalised horse racing book. With coverage beginning in 1904, the year Pretty Polly won the Fillies Triple Crown, this timeless piece of historical horse racing memorabilia takes you back over a century, revisiting all the key moments from Epsom, Aintree, Cheltenham and many more, right up until Harzard’s 2016 Derby victory.
A sport that has taken place since Roman times, the Jockey Club was first established in 1750, and since then, Great Britain has become host to some of the world’s most iconic races, such as the Cheltenham Gold Cup, the Epsom Derby and of course the Aintree Grand National. There are perhaps two names most synonymous with horse racing in the United Kingdom, one a jockey, the other a horse; Lester Piggott’s professional career spanned four decades, and saw him win nine Epsom Derbies, five 2000 Guineas and eight St Leger Stakes, leading to him being regarded by many as the greatest flat race jockey of all time, while Thoroughbred Red Rum won the Grand National an unprecedented three times in 1973, 1974 and 1977, a record that to this day is yet to be broken. Also included in this book are the incredible stories of suffragette Emily Davison, who threw herself in front of the King’s horse at the 1913 Derby, and the 1928 Grand National, when only two horses finished the race.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised Horse Racing Memorabilia
Our sports books are available in a variety of covers, all of which can be customised accordingly. Each book features your recipient’s name and a special message of your choice printed on the opening title page in the form of a certificate. You can also emboss their name onto the front cover. Finally, a luxury gift box is available to complete the gift.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Sports Book Cover Options
As well as the black and white original reprinted reports, there is the option to include colour pages where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully hand-bound by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover of your choice, and is printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in three leather covers; red, black and blue, the editions include colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Sports Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any event unless specifically stated.