You'll love this because...
With these newspaper clippings from the past, you can relive the wonderful history of the England Rugby Union team.
- Personalise with any name and message
- Handbound hardback covers
- Tabloid size editions with colour pages available from 2006 onwards
- Option to present in a luxurious gift box
- Incredible newspaper coverage from 1906 to the present day
Swing Low, Sweet Chariot! Relive the history of the England national Rugby Union team through newspaper clippings in this personalised English Rugby book. With coverage beginning in 1906, with England winning the Calcutta Cup, this timeless piece of rugby memorabilia takes you through over a century of history, revisiting all the key moments from Twickenham and beyond, right up until 2016.
England remains the most successful of the Six Nations rugby union teams. Having won 17 Five Nations titles outright, more than any other team, they proceeded to dominate after the addition of Italy to the tournament in 2000, winning the Six Nations six times, again more than any other team. Four of those victories were also Triple Crowns, with two being Grand Slams. England would have to wait a while for success in the Rugby World Cup, however. After losing to Australia in the 1991 final on home soil, England claimed revenge in 2003, as Johnny Wilkinson, their hero throughout the tournament, kicked a drop goal in the final minute of extra time to bring the William Webb Ellis Cup back to England for the first time. England would reach the final again four years later, this time losing in controversial circumstances to South Africa.
Take a look at the contents to see which historic moments are captured.
Your Personalised England Rugby Memorabilia
Our sports books are available in a variety of covers, all of which can be customised accordingly. Each book features your recipient’s name and a special message of your choice printed on the opening title page in the form of a certificate. You can also emboss their name onto the front cover. Finally, a luxury gift box is available to complete the gift.
Check your personalisation: accents and other symbols cannot be used unless otherwise stated.
Sports Book Cover Options
As well as the black and white original reprinted reports, there is the option to include colour pages where available (for articles from 2006 onwards). Each book is skilfully hand-bound by an expert craftsman, in the hardback cover of your choice, and is printed on the highest quality gsm paper:
- Brown Leatherette Cover – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5 to finish off this unique keepsake.
- Brown Leatherette Cover with Colour – An elegant brown cover with black and white original reprinted pages. The recipient’s Name can be embossed on the cover for just £5. This upgrade includes colour content (from 2006 onwards).
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in three leather covers; red, black and blue, the editions include colour content (from 2006 onwards), along with the original reprinted black and white content. The recipient’s Name is especially embossed on the cover for FREE.
These fantastic books are Tabloid size editions (38 x 31 cm).
Our Personalised Sports Books are unofficial products and are in no way affiliated with any event unless specifically stated.